Job Title: Marketing Officer / Writer
Reports to: Operations Manager
PURPOSE OF POSITION
Responsible for all the administration, communications and implementation of Jesus Alive Global Marketing Strategy and promotions. Working alongside Donor Relations to plan and arrange marketing events.
Production of well written material for publication, website, reports, social media and other applications.
The incumbent will contribute to the success of a high-performance marketing function for productive and quality work that speaks of consistent, pro-active, timely and effective communication both internally and externally to donors and stakeholders.
- Produce communications material using inputs received from the field and finish assignments pro-actively, timely and with maximum potential impact. Attention to detail is important.
- Productive, innovative and captivating writing of feature and other materials including stories to be utilised for web-based, electronic, print and other materials that ensure effective stakeholder and donor engagement by Jesus Alive.
- Ensure that all assignments are produced on schedule while meeting high standards for informing, educating and engaging donor and other stakeholder constituencies.
- Collaborate with Operations Manager to develop and implement a quarterly work plan for meeting the company’s communication and marketing objectives.
- Use photo video footage and information to strengthen the production of various internal communication channels and communiqué.
- Submit monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual reports to your Manager.
- Meet with existing donors and promote Jesus Alive to new donors.
- Plan and oversee activation events at churches and conferences.
- Assist with the coordination of information and data resources at development country level.
- Contribute with the text and production of advertising material.
- To perform duties not specifically stated in this job description, provided that such duties are related to Jesus Alive operations.
- Work closely with JAM International marketing team to gain valuable inspiration and learnings to constantly upgrade communication and production materials.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND REQUIREMENTS
The following knowledge, skills and abilities are required, and may have been acquired through a combination of formal schooling, self-education, prior experience, and on-the-job training;
- Degree in Marketing.
- English-language fluency (written and verbal). A superior command of the English language is essential.
- Excellent writing and photographic abilities.
- Good command of MS Office.
- An energetic, self-starting individual with a high sense of responsibility and fixed deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills.
- Great eye for detail, and meticulous about factual representation.
- Team player, with a proven track record of working harmoniously within teams.
- Functioning well under pressure.
- Independent and responsible worker, driven by successful and quality outcomes.
- Willing to work outside the parameters of normal office hours.
- Valid driver’s licence.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience within a Marketing environment.
- Must have a belief system that aligns to the purpose and vison of Jesus Alive Gospel Outreach.